Pre-Construction Consultant — Nationwide
Moisture Intrusion Solutions, Inc is seeking a building envelope professional with experience in Architectural Design and Construction Administration for construction, leak investigation, and/or repair of building enclosure systems in the United States. The purpose of this position is to support our existing clients and projects.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct reviews of Architectural drawings with a focus on watertight design and construction, as well as compatibility, as it relates to the building envelope or enclosure
- Provide leadership and expertise to internal and exterior project teams.
- Provide exterior envelope consulting through site observations.
- Precon consultants are required to schedule their reviews with the project teams.
- Precon consultants internally schedule and coordinate with field consultants as needed.
- Maintain your schedule and provide deliverables in a timely manner and on time.
- While most of the projects will be remote work, some site visits may be required.
- Occasional travel will arise and will require air travel and overnight stays.
- Must be knowledgeable in wide range of envelope systems, including; roofs, windows, doors, weather barriers, cladding systems, balcony system, vertical and horizontal waterproofing, including below grade waterproofing.
- Extensive knowledge of Multi-Family wood frame construction preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in Blueprint reading and Technical Report writing a must.
- Experience with Blue Beam, Microsoft Office preferred.
- Experience working as a Construction Administration Architect or Project Architect preferred.
- Must be comfortable working from heights, climb ladders and lift 50lbs.
- Compensation based on experience and qualifications. Pay is semi-monthly.
- Thorough background checks including driving records and drug screening will be conducted.
- 90-day probationary period. Health, Vision, Dental, Life and 401K benefits are available after probationary period.
- Direct deposit required.
- The company will provide all safety gear, except for Safety Shoes / Boots, which are required (steel or composite toe meeting OSHA standards).
- Employees are trained to understand our established testing, both at construction sites and in our ISO 17-025 accredited Laboratory, to current codes and standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: To be determined by experience and qualifications
Experience: Construction - 5 years (Required), Project Management - 5 years (Preferred)
License: Clean Driving Record
Work authorization: United States
Remote Work is Authorized
To apply, please use our posting at Indeed.