Project Consultant – Baltimore, MD
Moisture Intrusion Solutions, Inc is seeking a building envelope professional with experience in design, investigation, and/or repair of building enclosure systems in the Baltimore, MD area. The purpose of this position is to support our existing clients and projects.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consult on complex building enclosure projects providing leadership and expertise to internal and exterior project teams.
- Provide exterior envelope consulting through site observations.
- Site observations will be 16-25 per month.
- Each site observation will require a technical picture and text report.
- Project consultants are required to schedule their site visits with the project teams.
- Project consultants internally schedule and coordinate our testing teams as needed.
- Maintain your schedule.
- While most of the projects will be in Baltimore Maryland area, travel outside of this area will arise and will require air travel and overnight stays.
- Must be knowledgeable in below grade waterproofing, roofs, windows, doors, weather barriers, cladding systems, and balcony systems. Extensive knowledge of Multi-Family wood frame construction preferred.
- Must be comfortable working from heights, climb ladders and lift 50lbs.
- Extensive knowledge of wood frame construction preferred.
- Compensation based on experience and qualifications. Pay is semi-monthly.
- Thorough background checks including driving records and drug screening will be conducted.
- 90-day probationary period. Health, Vision, Dental, Life and 401K benefits are available after probationary period.
- Direct deposit required.
- The company will provide all safety gear, except for Safety Shoes / Boots, which are required (steel or composite toe meeting OSHA standards).
- Employees are trained to conduct our established testing, both at construction sites and in our ISO 17-025 accredited Laboratory, to current codes and standards.
- Travel is required up to 75% annually. Most of the work sites can be visited within a normal workday, but several are located outside of a daily travel range and will require air travel and overnight stays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: To be determined by experience and qualifications
Experience: Construction - 5 years (Required), Project Management - 5 years (Preferred)
Location: Baltimore, Maryland.
License: Clean Driving Record
Work authorization: United States
Required travel: up to 75%
To apply, please use our posting at Indeed.