Project Consultant – Orlando, FL
Moisture Intrusion Solutions, Inc is seeking a building envelope professional with experience in design, investigation, and/or repair of building enclosure systems in the Orlando, FL or Daytona Beach, FL area. The purpose of this position is to support our existing clients and projects.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consult on complex building enclosure projects providing leadership and expertise to internal and exterior project teams.
- Provide exterior envelope consulting through site observations.
- Site observations will be 16-25 per month.
- Each site observation will require a technical picture and text report.
- Project consultants are required to schedule their site visits with the project teams.
- Project consultants internally schedule and coordinate our testing teams as needed.
- Maintain your schedule.
- While the majority of the projects will be in Orlando and Daytona Beach, travel outside of these areas will arise and may require air travel and overnight stays.
- Must be knowledgeable in below grade waterproofing, roofs, windows, doors, weather barriers, cladding systems and balcony systems.
- Extensive knowledge of wood frame construction preferred.
- Compensation based on experience and ability. Pay is semi-monthly.
- Background check, driver's license check and drug screening will be conducted.
- 60-day probationary period. Health, Vision, Dental, Life and 401K benefits are available after probationary period.
- Direct deposit required.
- The company will provide all safety gear, except for Safety Shoes / Boots, which are required (steel toe).
- We will train each employee to conduct our established testing, both at construction sites and in our Laboratory, to current codes and standards.
- Many of our work sites will have the person traveling to different parts of the state. Some trips are day jobs, where the person will be home at night; some jobs will require staying in another city overnight, most within the state.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $85,000.00
Experience: Construction - 5 years (Preferred), Project Management - 5 years (Preferred)
Location: Orlando, FL
License: Clean Driving Record
Work authorization: United States
Required travel: 75%